Face Towel Hustle
Reading time: 2 – 3 minutes
I was on 89th and Dan Ryan eating at Harolds and I saw these cats hustling Face Towels. Now for my folks who don’t live in humid places this shit is shocking just like it was to me. But, when I was living in Baltimore, Philly and New York a lot of cats kept cool by having a wet/moist face towel on their head. It cooled them down and wiped the sweat from their face. Now I knew the need for them but I never saw anyone actually selling them until this past weekend. Then I thought to myself GENUIS!
Basically the cats are selling a bundle of face towels in the middle of the street with a water in the other hand. The reasoning behind it is most people (especially women) do not want you to ruin their good towels wiping your face. So they would rather buy them from a cat on the street in a bundle and give them to their kids. Most of the towels are throwaways after a certain amount of use anyway. So the price is affordable and it solves a problem of needing to cool down.
- Buy the face towels (high quality) for 3.50 to 4 bucks wholesale for 6. Or you can probably find cheaper quality towels 12 for 4.50!
- Sell 6 to a bundle for 5 bucks in the middle of the street..
- Set the price at 5 bucks a bundle as that’s the going rate.
- Have the towels in one hand and bottled water in the other as a package deal.
- Change the colors of the towels offered to reflect seasons and holidays.
- When I saw it all I thought about was wetting them, rolling them up and selling them ice cold
- Keep the rolled face towels in a small cooler you carry on your back.
- Hand them a cold one along with a water and you have the perfect humidity beating angle.
BottomLine: It’s just another simple addition to the Water Hustle that could be beneficial when you’re on the street trying to keep that cash flowing.