Coffee Truck – Start-Up
Reading time: 3 – 5 minutes
I found it and it took me a while. I knew the other side of the Water Hustle was the Coffee Start-up and it’s only a start up because you will need to buy a trailer or equip your Econline Van. Now this is a great small start up since you can brew coffee easily and it’s cheap as all hell to make. Also, you can get the combo going and sell packaged donuts along with it because who usually buys a coffee by itself. This is a early morning hustle that allows you to pickup and go from place to place from factory to busy downtown with ease. This is at best a part time business because you only need to probably work for 4 to 5 hours a day which is about how long coffee is valuable to the average worker. You don’t have to be fancy unless you are catering to yuppies and hippies as most people are straight drinking Sanka in the morning. Think about it… the coffee is so insignificant whatever you don’t sell can be just dumped so you are making something from nothing aka money from basic elements.
- Find out all the basic equipment needed to furnish your trailer/van/campershell
- Find out what licenses are needed in your city to have a mobile coffee truck. Now while you probably aren’t selling too much food the feds love to regulate everything.
- You can probably buy a old van for cheap like 2K and set up the whole thing or a truck that you can easily take off the bed and buy the trailer.
- Once you get your route down you can buy a second truck and start the “Joe on the GO” or “Brew Hoo” company.
- Start expanding the different types of coffee you offer along with danishes,donuts and other pastry.
- Come up with your own line of coffee and start selling the bags so people can brew them in their offices.
- Don’t forget as you perfect the coffee truck you might up your offerings and start selling premade breakfast sandwiches. You don’t need to make them you just need to know where to buy them!
Start off with factory workers like garbage truck depots, construction guys, bus drivers, city workers depot as all these guys usually drink crappy coffee in the morning from anyplace. This way you don’t have to worry about it tasting great and you can perfect it as you get your money right. As you perfect the right taste then you can move into the downtown sectors right near a big parking lot or near the main train station. Whichever gives you about 100 customers a day will yield you about 400 dollars a morning and that equals to about 8 thousand a month for about 20 hours a week of work.
Now the price is something you’ll have to investigate because although I refer you to someone who is selling the whole package I don’t think it actually costs that much money. Any old van that runs or good running V8 truck would be enough to get you started. BUT, keep in mind that most employee’s drink coffee to start their day and Starbucks can’t be everywhere especially where the average blue collar worker is. So click the link and see what this cat is talking about below but keep in mind you sure as hell don’t need to lay out 18K for a simple brewing coffee start up like this… BUT… it’s good to know all you will need to start…